Find a Golf Holiday
World Heritage Golf Excursion – Laos & Thailand 13 Days
One of our most popular tour packages is the Laos Golf Holidays Country 13 Day Excursion. Avid golfers love this trip because it satisfies even the most demanding golf appetites.
One of our most popular tour packages is the Laos Golf Holidays 2 Country 13 Day Excursion. Avid golfers love this trip because it satisfies even the most demanding golf appetites. All of the courses are interesting and challenging in a variety of settings ranging from level suburban and gently undulating countryside, to impressive mountain views. The package includes eleven hotel night accommodations, up to ten rounds of golf, and all transfers along the way. If you enjoy feeling like you are going somewhere, this is the trip for you, especially, if you have an insatiable appetite for golf.
After a morning of golf at Bangkok stately Pinehurst Golf & Country Club, you will drive northeast past authentic Thai environs and feel the temperature cooling as you climb through the mountains of Khao Yai National Park. Here you will have the option of one or two days of championship golf, and you’ll see sights you never see back home. Then it is on to Khon Kaen, the commercial hub of northeast Thailand where you’ll become even more immersed in authentic Thai culture and choose one or two days of world-class golf.
Your next stop after Khon Kaen on Day 7 is optional:
– Heading northeast out of Khon Kaen there is a little-known daily-fee track called Ubonrat Dam Golf Course; definitely interesting and always a challenge. It plays from a lush green valley around hillsides and along the Nam Phong River, one of Thailand’s most famous waterways. It takes local knowledge to score well but that is why you’ll have a caddy. Walking is the norm and carts may not always be available if not reserved in advance. This is a golf course to walk if you are able. You will enjoy this Laos Golf Holidays option more as you walk through forested foothills, past ponds, and along the River. If you make this choice, leave your five-star attitude in the parking lot and get ready to meld into Thai culture with local executives and country caddies. Ubonrat just might be the course you remember all the way home.
– The other option is to drive directly on up to Nong Khai in the far reaches of Thailand on the Mekong River where you will thoroughly enjoy a round of golf at Victory Park Golf Club. This venue is host to regional tour events and while modest in amenities it is quality golf at every turn. From the course it is a short drive to the Friendship Bridge across the Mekong River and into Vientiane, Laos.
– A third option that is the best bet if you can handle this much golf is to forego one of the sightseeing days and play Ubonrat and Victory both. If you make this choice, you will enjoy a night in an adorable ‘A’ frame cottage at Castle Howchow not far from Ubonrat and then transfer in the morning up to Victory Park. Howchow is run by a British expat, retired from the IT industry, and has scrumptious cuisine.
– Back on schedule, you can play your first day in Vientiane if you like that much golf, but Laos Golf Holidays guests often feel it is time for some sightseeing in this historic City of the Moon. We recommend two more days of golf at Vientiane’s fine venues, a little more sightseeing, and a final day of golf in the capital city. You’ll definitely know that you have been somewhere on this excursion and you will have lots of photos and memories to share when you board the plane in Vientiane and make the 90 minute flight back to Bangkok. Please contact one of our Laos Golf Holidays package professionals for answers and booking assistance. A multi-entry Thai visa may be an advantage depending on your overall itinerary.
– Accommodations with daily breakfast
– All green fees
– 1 caddy per golfer at each golf course
– All sightseeing excursions including all admission fees
– All flights and visas
– Airport transfers (arrival & departure)
– All transfers to the golf courses and return
– All transfers by private VIP touring van or coach including drinking water
– Local knowledge, expertise, suggestions, and support throughout trip
– All taxes and service charges
– 24/7 golf hotline
– Fully customizable
– Choose how many rounds of golf suits you
– Amazing sightseeing options on non-golf days
– 3, 4, and 5 star accommodations options available
– Discounts for group bookings
Day 1 Bangkok arrival, hotel check-in
Day 2 Bangkok golf at Pinehurst Golf & Country Club
transfer to Khao Yai, hotel check-in
This stately club on the northeastern edge of Bangkok hosted the Johnny Walker Classic.
Day 3 Khao Yai golf at Khao Yai GC
Both of these courses are world-class championship venues you are sure to enjoy.
Khao Yai National Park Tour -Night Jeep Safari
Day 4 Phimai Historical Park
Phimai Historical Park ancient ruins tour or optional second day of Khao Yai golf.
Transfer to Khon Kaen, hotel check-in
Day 5 Khon Kaen golf at Singha Park Golf Club
Khon Kaen golf at Singha Park Golf Club
Terrific new venue built by Singha Beer, their showcase property in northeast Thailand.
Day 6 Khon Kaen Silk, Museum
Khon Kaen Silk, Museum, and Temple Tour, or Khon Kaen golf at Dancoon Golf Club; a lovely resort course with challenging par five holes.
Day 7 Nong Khai golf at Victory Park Golf & Country Club
Transfer to Nong Khai, Nong Khai golf at Victory Park Golf & Country Club
Victory P ark hosts regional PGA events and qualifiers; a woodlands paradise.
Option: If you want a taste of local style Thai golf at one of Thailand’s best-kept secrets, substitute Ubonrat Dam Golf Course on the Nam Phong River instead of Victory Park. Have a great lunch at the Dam restaurant overlooking Lake Nam Phong.
Transfer to Vientiane, hotel check-in
Day 8 Vientiane City and Temples Tour
Vientiane City and Temples Tour – Full-day tour
This is the tour for culture and history enthusiasts.
Day 9 Vientiane golf at Vientiane KM6 Golf Club
Vientiane golf at Vientiane KM6 Golf Club
Vientiane golfers consider KM6 to be the city’s finest layout.
Day 10 Vientiane golf at Dansavanh Golf Club
Vientiane golf at Dansavanh Golf Club
Enjoy a pleasant ride through the countryside to this charming and challenging golf resort.
Day 11 Tour the Cope Center museum chronicling
Tour the Cope Center museum chronicling the effects of war, ranks
Day 12 Vientiane golf at Lao Country Club
Vientiane golf at Lao Country Club
This recently remodeled course is an easy walk and a favorite of locals and tourists.
Day 13 Hotel check-out
Hotel check-out, 2 hour tour of Morning Market, depart Vientiane by air to Bangkok